Tuesday, October 25, 2011

450 Miles of Yard Sale

Well, here we are . . . four grandmothers from California and Arizona on our Yard Sale of America adventure.  Back in 2005 we rented an RV from Cruise America and set out from Jacksonville FL and worked our way all the way up to Ohio.  None of us had ever driven an RV before (of this size) so we practiced in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Jacksonville.

We traveled 1800 miles - stopping all along the way finding treasures, antiques, craziness, food and lots of fun.  I got hooked on southern food and sweet tea.  OMG!  I think I gained at least five or six pounds but had the time of my life.  We didn't have any campsite reservations anywhere; we just went with the flow of things but managed to find wonderful campsites each and every place we stayed.  It became obvious to all of us that we were being "watched over."

All of these women are very dear to my heart.  The one on the far right I have known for 48 years!  They are not just my friends, but are more like my family. You have to like someone a lot to spend 10 days in a rented RV with them, right?

Inspecting the inside of the RV - I'm peering into a really tiny bathroom.  Rose is checking out the fridge.  We mostly used the bathrooms at the RV parks.  Thank God!

Just had to buy this t-shirt!



Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment