Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why Love Your Digital Camera?

Having used a film camera for so many years, it was kind of hard for me to make the switch to digital.  It happened several years ago when my son got me one for Christmas.  He knows I love Pentax cameras, so it was of course a Pentax.  I loved that little camera!  Took it everywhere I went and it took fantastic pictures.  I still have it and will not let it go ... won't give it away, sell it, nothing! 

My first film camera was a Pentax K1000, a completely manual camera that I had to learn how to use to take good photos.  My first big adventure with it was at Hearst Castle and San Simeon, CA.  What a great time I had shooting rolls of film.  My uncle who was a photo-journalist for a newspaper in Omaha, NE, was one of my greatest teachers when it came to learning about framing photos, natural light, bounce flash, etc. 
I took many great pictures with that camera and that's when I learned to love photography. 

Many people think that taking pictures should be saved for events.  Not so.  With digital cameras, there's absolutely no excuse to NOT take pictures.  Pictures are a record of our lives, our moments, our memories.

Today is my son's 43rd birthday.  I sent him a collage of photos that I made and when I spoke to him, he said he doesn't even remember some of them being taken.  Ahhh .... brought back some pleasant memories when I reminded him of when a couple of them were taken. 

So have fun with your digital camera.  Most of them are point and shoot now so you have no excuse anymore.  There's no learning curve.  Lucky you!

Today's picture:  Happy Birthday, Son!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment