Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Change of Worlds

"There is no death, only a change of worlds." - Chief Seattle

I've spoken to many of my friends and family about what my Mom experienced before she passed away. And when I tell them what she told me the day before she passed, there have been varied reactions. Some sighed; some cried; some were in stunned silence.

What she told me was that her Mother, my wonderful and loving Grandmother, came to her in a dream. Grandma held out her hand to Mom. Mom took her hand and they walked together. Then Mom woke up. She told me that she was disappointed that she woke up; that she wanted to stay with her Mom.

She described it as a dream, but I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Grandma came to help her take the journey home; that miraculous instant when our essence leaves our physical body.

We all want assurance that when our time comes to leave this world, someone we love will be there to help guide us home. We want to know that we will be with our loved ones again for the grand reunion our souls long for. We want to know that we will leave our suffering behind; that we will find our soul to be in the presence of God. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. So it just makes sense that, while we're having this human experience, we would like reassurance that we will go back to our "oneness."

I miss my Mom tremendously. I've found myself picking up the phone to call her several times in the past week. I will always talk to her, even though she is gone from this world. I know she hears me because I keep seeing signs of her that present themselves unexpectedly. I like to think of them as "Mom winks." They give me peace and comfort.

While looking for a pair of earrings today, I saw the necklace she gave me with "Mother" engraved on it. It was part of a set that she purchased for us. Hers was engraved with  "Daughter."

She gave me her journal and told me not to read it until she had passed. I keep looking at it but haven't found my way to reading it just yet. The time will come. Just not now.

Take care of yourself and each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment