Friday, September 25, 2015

Mom's Transition



March 26, 1923 - September 24, 2015

My Mom made her transition yesterday from this earth plane to wherever her next great adventure is. She took a huge piece of my heart with her, but my consolation is knowing that she is no longer tethered to an oxygen tank or reliant on handfuls of pills to keep her going. She hated that. 

What she loved was music, dancing, flowers, fragrant candles, firelight, starry Arizona nights, ribbon Christmas candy, doughnuts (smiling), chocolate ... just to name a few. But what she loved more than all of that was all of us! 

I'm convinced that she is already having a grand reunion with my brother and all of her loved ones that have gone before her. In fact, I spoke with her the day before she passed and she told me of a dream she had the night before. Her mother had come to her and held out her hand. Mom took Grandma's hand and they walked together. Then Mom woke up. She expressed to me how disappointed she was that she had to wake up. 

I believe Grandma had come to tell her that she was going home because she went home the following morning. She was ready. She was not afraid. She passed in her sleep. I'm grateful for that. It's the way we'd all like to go out, I think.

We will all miss you, Mom, but we are confident that we have a new Guardian Angel now. Put in a good word to the Big Guy for us, OK?

And here's a poem from me to you ...

 Hidden Mystery
By Fred Burks
In the deepest depths of you and me
In the deepest depths of we
Lies the most beautiful jewel
Shining forth eternally
Within that precious jewel
Within that priceless piece of we
Lies a time beyond all time
Lies a place beyond all space
Within that sacred source of radiance
Lies a love beyond all love
Waiting
          Waiting
                    Waiting
Ever so patiently
Waiting for you, waiting for me
Waiting patiently for all to see
The beauty that is you inside of me
The beauty that is me inside of thee
In the deepest depths of you and me
In the deepest depths of we
Lies the love and wisdom
Of all Eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment