Sunday, October 9, 2011

Those Were the Days

A friend of my husband's sent these pictures of woodies.  Ahhh, remember these?  Almost every car manufacturer made their own version of a woody back then. 

When I was in high school, we would trip down to Santa Cruz on the weekends and go surfing (for those of us who could afford to have a board).  I usually watched but did try it a couple of times.  What fun! 

Surf's up!

This one is a Ford
Even the Brits had woodies! 

I'm thinking of getting a hula hoop. In the 50's I was the hula hoop champion of my school (4th grade).  The local newspaper even came and took my picture. So I think I'll go back to that because they're great exercise if you do it in two-minute sessions. If anyone wants to join me, post a comment and let's get this movement back into our lives. 

Back to the 50's, my friends.  Hula hoops, Pepsi in glass bottles, surfboards and woodies!  Doesn't get any better than that :-)

Namaste!



No comments:

Post a Comment