Monday, April 18, 2011

Purple Moon

No, the moon wasn't really purple last night, but it sure was full and oh, so bright.  I saw some pictures today of my grandson on Facebook with a bunch of his friends sitting out in the street under the full moon.  Wowser!  Sure hope they're not practicing any of the vampire stuff.  Ha!

I've always loved the moon.  Something about its light just fascinates me and gives me such a sense of being connected to the Divine.

There's no light like moonlight.  Many songs have been written about the moon, moonlight, the harvest moon, etc.  From my back yard I can see the moon rise over the Catalina mountains, depending upon which way it's situated in the sky and which cycle the earth is in.  I'm not scientific by any means . . . I just love the moon.  Too bad it's so far away.

Would it be different for us if it were closer?  Is there life up there?  Where can I get a ticket to the moon and back? Is there a song called "Purple Moon?"

Today's picture:  I named it Purple Moon because of the special edit I did.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment