Friday, December 25, 2015

Emancipated Genie

One of my writing prompts today was ...

If I was a Genie and had just been emancipated from the confines of my bottle (and I have a lovely bottle - not the garden variety brass one, but all hand painted with beautiful palm trees), whose three wishes would I grant and why.

In answer to the question, coming up with my number one choice was tough because I had so many, but the one that rose to the top was a foster child; someone who wishes for a family to wrap them in love; to make them feel safe and secure. Someone who just wants to know that their life matters; that they have been chosen by adoptive parents.

Who would you give your three wishes to, all you Genies out there? Post your comments below.

Did you see the full Christmas moon tonight? It was glorious!

Be good to yourself and each other. Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful sentiment. Most people, when they think of the genie and the lamp, fantasize about what magic can do for them. Rarely do they think of the magic they can do for others. Seems we've lost a bit of that. But I cannot really think of anything as touching as gifting a foster child with a solid, loving family.

    As for what three wishes I would give, I would have to give that some thought. I'd hope to make one that would have a great positive impact on society. I'd hope to alleviate suffering or something equally grand. As to what that is, I wouldn't be able to say offhand. But

    ReplyDelete