Monday, June 6, 2011

First of Many More

Years ago, back in 1994, I wrote a poem one night when I was feeling particularly down.  Now I can't even remember why I was feeling that way.  But I do remember sitting down at my desk with pen and paper and the poem just flowed through me.  It was as if the words were being channeled by me but the message was coming from the Divine.

I've decided that it's time to make it public.  With all that's going on in the world today, many people are afraid and lonely.  So I'm going to put this out there but in installments.  Today is the first of 13:

GIVE SOMETHING AWAY EVERY DAY . . . SMILES, BLESSINGS, HUGS . . . BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS THEM DESPERATELY.

Have you ever noticed that when you give something away, you feel really good?  I think that we, as a society, with our instant gratification attitude, have lost the art of giving.  Giving a smile, a silent blessing, a hug costs nothing, yet it can make the recipient feel so special.

The day is coming when we will need to lift our consciousness to higher levels.  Giving is a good place to start.

I'm not adding pictures to my posts because there's a slideshow now in the left column.  Enjoy.

Namaste!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment