Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mike

Good Friday today and Mike's birthday.  He would have been 67 today.  It doesn't seem like he's been gone for seven months already.  I sure miss him.

He was never that hyped up about birthdays, but we always acknowledged each other's special day in some way.  Usually we got each other some kind of funny card that made some reference to being "older than dirt."  And then there were the times that he would introduce me to someone as his older sister.  Ha!  And he did it with a straight face until I punched him in his ribs and made him 'fess up. 

As for Jesus dying on the cross, well, there are really no words to describe that for me.  Just gratitude and undying love.  And knowing that my brother has met him face-to-face gives me such comfort. 

Mike, put in a good word for all of us with Him, will you?

Mike's 65th birthday
Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment