Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cactus Ranch

Our neighbor came over and brought us a huge basket of goodies in thanks for helping her out with her father's memorial service.  We live next door to her which is quite a bit more than a stone's throw away.  Each parcel here is eight acres and all we really did was help with parking some cars on our property.  No big deal, but we have eaten our way to the bottom of the basket already, including the homemade banana bread.  Guess I won't have to cook tonight :-)

Our parcel is aptly named the Cactus Ranch.  Probably don't need to tell you why.  Mesquite, Palo Verde and Acacia trees, not to mention all the Saguaros, Chollas, Blue Agaves, etc. are what make up our piece of real estate on Mother Earth. 

Cactus can be quite pretty this time of year, especially the Prickly Pear as it begins its ascent into Spring.  But as much as I love the desert, I miss the Spring blossoms of other states, especially northern California.

So when I found these wildflowers, I thought I'd better get them in an image before they go away:


Desert Wildflowers ©2011 - reginaarnold.com


Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment