Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Right to Write

In my spare time, I'm getting back into reading Julia Cameron's books.  Last night I read a line that makes total sense to me out of her book, The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing LifeShe explains that another way to think of writing is that writing is the art of taking dictation, not giving it.  Once writing becomes an act of listening instead of an act of speech, a great deal of the ego goes out of it.  This makes total sense to me.  It's been a while since I've invested time in writing any poetry, or prose, for that matter, except this blog and my Morning Pages.  Yes, I do keep a personal journal ... sometimes full of rants.  Is that a better place to put them?  Down on paper instead of directing them at someone?  Works for me.  Everybody seems to be uptight these days.  Maybe it's the energy shifting on our planet.  When we get to the other side of this shift, I have the feeling that some will have gone but lots are going to stay to see what the new world is like.  Personally, I'm up for it and plan to enjoy the ride.

Is it possible that we're going through our lives looking at things but never really seeing them?  There have been a lot of people "looking" for the moon at my website, but not "seeing" it.  Hmmm ...

Today's picture ... one of the trees in the back yard has some pretty neat plants growing out of it. Maybe they're weeds but they're pretty. Do you see somebody hanging around in the picture?


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment